Saturday, July 17, 2004

Greetings and Salutations

I am a high school librarian who reads a lot of Young Adult fiction for work.  I try to read most of the fiction that I buy for my library.  I will be creating an entry for each book I read with a brief synopsis and a review. 

How do I select books for my library?  I use a Journal called School Library Journal.  In addition to articles of interest to school librarians, it features book reviews by professional book reviews.  By reading the reviews, I can decide what to purchase and what not to purchase.   There is also a section called "Adult Books for Young Adults".  Books that are appropriate for teenagers are spotlighted there.  These books are written for an adult audience, but often feature children and young adults as the main character.  
 
If you have any recommendations of books I should read, please let me know.



No comments: